Without equal, fishmeal and fish oil are the most valuable ingredients in diets for aquaculture and many land-farmed animals.
Fishmeal is a dried marine powder that holds several nutritional qualities, which makes it very attractive as a protein supplement in feed for aquaculture and agriculture.
The composition of micronutrients in fishmeal, including amino acids, vitamins and minerals, support growth and optimal physiological function of animals and farmed fish.
Fishmeal and fish oil provide essential nutritional value due to a high content of:
- Easily digested proteins (68-76%)
- Specific amino acids (esp. methionine, lysine)
- Healthy long chain omega-3 fatty acids (esp. EPA, DHA)
- Essential vitamins (esp. D, B1, B2, B6 and B12)
- Important minerals (esp. calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and selenium)
- Vital marine phospholipids